Carrs Tool celebrates their women in EngineeringUncategorized
Since 1902 Carrs Tool Steels has been supplying its customers with high quality tool steel, originally as Sheffield based Richd W Carr and, since a management buyout in 1992 as Carrs Tool Steels Limited.
Since the management buyout the company has modernised and with Julie Shields as Shareholder and Operations Director, as well as over 30% of their workforce being female, Carrs Tool Steels have always had a focus on women in engineering.
Julie started working at Carrs in 1992 in a sales role and has worked her way up through the company into her current role. As Commercial Director Julie has overall responsibility for purchasing, production and quality, as well as taking an active role in health and safety.
Last year saw the 25 year work anniversary for another dedicated member of the Carrs team; Debbie Clee was originally employed by Richard W Carrs as a YTS trainee in 1988. During her time at the company, Debbie has seen many changes including the folding of the original company and the first management buyout, the move to Tipton from Smethwick, as well as the implementation of many changes in computer systems and introduction of new products and working practices, and most recently the 2nd MBO.
Without the dedicated and continued support of employees like Julie and Debbie, Carrs Tool Steels would not be in the position that it is now; growing, investing and continuing to offer its customers fantastic support and value.
Carrs Tool Steel provides:
- Rapid delivery (overnight on standard orders).
- Superb range of conventional, special high performance, and extreme high performance tool steels and Aluminium including powder metallurgy products.
- Readymilled service provides blocks machined on all six faces -0+0.10mm and square to 0.1mm/m.
- Exceptional product presentation and documentation with total traceability.
- Industry leading technical advice and support.